My Photo
Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Oregon, United States

Friday, October 26, 2012

A Nomad in the Desert

    I always knew that I would be home where ever I was but I never knew home could feel so desolate.  I love the desert wildlife and the cacti blooming in after a rain.  I love the variety of birds and lizards.  But I never knew you could have a home and still feel homeless.

    Some of this has to do with life events that have caused me to move twice within the past year.  Now I find myself needing to move again.  Not a desperate push out the door but needing to get a place all the same.  I feel like every time I start to get comfortable and think I've finally found home, I have to pick up and go out again. 

    Each time is harder than the last.  East time I lose more of my stuff, more memories and more people I have grown to love.  I feel like I will be a nomad for the rest of my days.  I will never belong or fit in.  It is how it has always been in my heart but now my life reflects that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dearest Kat, You know I will always love you. You are my soulmate, the only one who ever knew me at all. It pains me greatly that you will be no longer at my side. We both know this is not a decision we made, but one that was made for us. Sad but true. I am very thankful that you will be able to remain in the same city, so that at least we can visit regularly, you know, like to do things together like laundry! lol and watch our favorite T.V. shows, and nice dinners together. We know why we have to separate, and we know why, but that does not change the fact that I will always love you, and you will be and remain my one and only soulmate. I never knew what that was, until I met you. Never worry, I will NEVER abandone you, I will always be there for you, smiles, and hugs.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home